THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 21


THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 21
“Oooh! I was in a hurry typing the figures I must have mistyped that.” Irene added.
“Is this why you sounded like the office is on fire? You could have told me over the phone and I could have directed you on what to do.” As I was talking, Dan intervened sounding like a village elder, “Young man, when your lady is in trouble, you are supposed to attend to her regardless of the magnitude of the problem.”
“Yes, tell him, Dan.” Irene added looking at me smiling.
I had no option that to smile and admit, “Yes, your highness, your call.”
“Thank you,” Irene replied with a high-pitched voice before blowing a kiss in the air “Mwaaaah”.
Seeing that time was moving so fast, we decided to concentrate on our work and wind up whatever we were doing, besides, I was feeling tired and I wanted to get home soon enough to rest. I was also anxious to know what Sally wanted to tell me. 
At exactly 5 pm, Sally knocked at our door and she seemed ready to go home. Luckily Dan had finalized whatever he was doing and I expressly told them it is time to leave and go home. 
“Aai, boss, you seem to be in so much a hurry. Do you have a date or what with your madam?” Dan asked that instant looking at Irene while smiling slyly. I think he wanted to make an impression that I had a date with Irene.
“Ah, Yes, as a matter of fact, I want to hurry up and take her to a nice place out of here”, I said but this time looking at Sally whose expression was that of someone who had something to say but was suppressing it. 
Irene left and went to lock Boss’ office. Dan excused himself to go to the loo and we were left with Sally at the corridor. Seeing we are alone, I reached for her hand and squeezed her a little. She reciprocated by squeezing me even more, a firm grip. She then released my hand hurriedly before tickling me enough to make me chuckle. I wanted to tickle her in return but she turned and told me, “stop, someone will see us.” That instant, Irene came to join us and Dan was waiting for us a little further towards the gate as we left.
The watchman was at the gate with his huge dog which stood menacingly staring at us.
“Hello.” Irene greeted him to which he replied, “Hello”. Before adding, “Eh, I can see, a pair you are, two-two. You young men you make me miss the days I was your age chasing after young girls with hot blood”. He laughed at the end of the statement. He was a very lively guy when in good moods but at times he would sulk for what seemed like thinking too much about this life.
At bus stop, it was apparent no one was in a hurry to leave as if we were all headed in the same direction. Dan was trying very hard to strike a conversation with Sally as though to give me time to be with Irene, while Irene seemed like she just wanted to speak to all of us at the same time. When one Matatu that I loved came, I told them, “Time to leave, let us meet tomorrow guys, have a nice time” I said while turning to shake their hands in turn, before shaking Sally’s hand last. I held her hand and pulled her towards the vehicle whose conductor was now losing patience, “Hey, you! Hurry up it is rush hour.” Sally followed me. I turned to look at Dan and Irene and they seemed puzzled at how Sally comfortably followed me without uttering a word. I could tell it was totally unexpected. 
“Did Irene want to go with you? She seems surprised by us boarding the same Matatu”. Sally said. I pretended I did not see her expression. “Why do you ask?” I asked Sally. She replied, “The look in her face says everything”.
We continued talking just general stuff until we got to the destination and alighted. 
“Hey, young man, are you playing smart with me.” The conductor roared at me looking at me as if he was about to hit me. I felt a rush of adrenaline before asking, “What is it Mr.?”
That instant, Sally took a 200 Shs note from her pulse and gave the conductor hurriedly. He tossed 60 shs in her hands before banging the vehicle and off they went.
“You did not pay him, that is why he is so pissed off, you are so much in a hurry to get me to your house you forgot…”, Sally told me almost laughing, leaving the sentence mid-way. 
Sure enough, I had completely forgotten to pay!
We walked to my house together and immediately we got in, I took her and hugged her. She held me tightly for some time before gently pushing me away and proceeding to go on to take a seat.
“Take some rest”, I told Sally before going to the kitchen to prepare some warm chocolate for both of us. I could tell she is tired and I wanted her to relax a bit.
After bringing her the drinking chocolate she looked at me and asked while smiling, “Who told you I wanted to come to your place?” 
“I figured that out”, I replied. Besides, I really wanted to get away from Irene and Dan so the only way was to pull Sally and go with her. “You are going to sleep her”, I told her as a joke. She looked at me sipping the chocolate and she did not comment.
------------------------------
“My dear, something is bothering me and I wanted to tell you”, Sally broke the silence not looking at me.
“What is it? Feel free to share with me”. I answered my head spinning trying to think what she would tell me. I was double sure it had something to do with Irene with how she hovered around my office all the time. Were it not for the company policy I would have chased her out of my office since I enjoyed working alone most of the time.
“I don’t know how you will take it but, I just have to let you know”, Sally said with a soft voice as if begging me to listen to her. My anxiety was driving me crazy until I was now feeling hot inside.
Sally breathed in deeply before talking: “Ever since that day our boss caught us in your office. She has changed how she interacts with me. Unlike before, nowadays she is so friendly to me. Every time she passes by me she greets me, she complements my work, she smiles at me often and whenever I go to her office she talks so nicely to me and about my work. She even told me the other day that she really appreciates my work until she wants to buy a present for me to appreciate my good work in the company of ensuring everybody is comfortable. She also praised me for always being on time. I thought she shall be mad at me, or us rather and probably get us fired. But am surprised. Am so uncomfortable I feel like she is setting a trap for me, or for us and probably dismiss one of us or both of us. Can you imagine she even asked me if I can take up other roles besides being just a tea girl for the company?”
I listened to the whole story. I was equally surprised. How now? 
Sally continued, “Have you perhaps ever come across our company policy and how would it treat our case?” I was aback at how comfortable she mentioned company policy. I keenly looked at her as if studying her. I was equally surprised I had never bothered to even know details of our company policy except the parts that touch my job. But I knew I could get a soft copy of it in our server.
“I know I have a copy somewhere, but I have not read it”, I answered Sally.
“Please, if possible get a copy for me to read. I want to know what are my chances there. Your position is so secure they would not let you go easily since your work is immense there, but as for me, they can easily get a tea girl.” Sally sounded a little scared.
I crossed to where she was seated and held her by her waist. “Relax, I doubt they can just lay off someone for such a minor reason. Besides, why would they lay you off and let me stay? It was an offense we both committed”. I told sally reassuringly. She breathed a sigh of relief, but looking at her eyes, they were read and I could read fear and uncertainty in them. I turned to hug her and she hugged me too. I felt like if there was anything I could do just to have save Sally’s work. Besides, with the rising cost of living where does she go if she loses her job?
I felt weighed with responsibility as if Sally’s life meant a lot to me. For some reason, I felt sad already imagining her losing her job and perhaps relocating far where I could not see her regularly.
We held each other silently for some time, like two children comforting each other from the wrath of an angry parent. I could feel her heart beats in my chest and her breathing which made her breasts rise and fall rhythmically. 
--------------
Time flew, and it was getting dark. Sally volunteered to prepare supper as I took that time to repair my home desktop which kept on crashing every time for unknown reasons. In the background, a bongo movie by the name “my sweet love” was playing, a movie which was Sally’s suggestion as she said it uplifts her moods whenever she is feeling low.
>>>To be continued>>>
As narrated by Dr. Love, Kerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop