THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 72


THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 72

“So, you mean Irene burnt everything that was locked inside Boss’s office?” I asked Sally during the weekend we arrived from Mombasa.
“Yes, she did. All evidence is gone.” Sally told me, she looked at me and added something even more surprising, “But let her continue giving me the receipts she is giving me, we know that are fake but let her go on. If we indicate we know she is faking and forging the documents, things might turn against us.” 
I looked into my laptop and to my horror, everything I thought I had recorded about my boss was missing. It was then I remembered, the previous weeks I had been showing Sally how to set up security mechanisms in her laptop so that she would know who tried to access her laptop in her desk, and never remembered to reinstall the software that does live capture. I was screwed. There was no evidence in my laptop as I had thought. 
I lost motivation in the entire pursuit and even got rid of the recording I had done for her during hypnosis. I knew a case without evidence was no case at all. Hypnosis evidence; gone. Documents in boss’s office, burnt.
“So, you mean you will present an audit indicating Irene is innocent?” I was puzzled at Sally’s answer.
“Yes! Do I have a choice? directors expect a report, I am giving them the report.” Sally told me.
“Fine, all right.” I told Sally.
==========
The following weeks that followed, Sally even proposed we continue being as friendly as possible to Irene and the boss as she continued with her work. It was obvious she did not want trouble for herself anymore. She continued compiling the report in her office so calmly and to my surprise, Irene was even offering to assist her and showed her a lot of financial tips she had acquired through experience. But after all, if all documents she had presented was going to prove Irene’s innocence, then it was obvious why she was so willing to assist Sally to compile the entire report. 
But I knew the report was going to spell the premature end of Sally’s probation period since the directors knew the company was losing funds but had no way of proving it. I felt Sally was digging her own career grave as that report was to completely damage her career profile. 
Seeing that there was no hope in that entire audit, I even reconciled with the boss and even apologized to her for what I did to her during our trip in Mombasa. To my surprise, she told me, “Tony, my boy! I knew you shall come back to me. Now we shall revisit that later, for now, assist Sally with her audit.” Madam told me in her office smiling a half monalisa smile. Of course, she might have already known that the documents that Sally was working with were all fake, and when the report shall come, Sally’s work was as good as gone.
I kept wondering, “How can Sally be so naïve?” Does she have to work with forged documents and present a report from them? Was she really so determined to prove that Irene was innocent and thus spell the end of her budding career? It would also be a shame to me, total shame. I knew if that happened, Irene shall have won, and Sally shall have lost. 
I kept remembering the song by Bahati Bukuku which goes like when your enemies want to finish you, they bring you closer. Clearly, Irene was Sally’s number one enemy in that company but she had managed to bring Sally closer to her, cooperating in all the audit trail, furnishing her with all documents and once each phase was completed, they would gladly take the documents to Irene’s office and some to Boss’s office depending on the magnitude of what was contained in the document. 
Sally seemed to have really changed her attitude towards Irene. She did not even mind Irene giving me a light hug when greeting me. I was getting confused. Besides, Sally had been really overworking even at times skipping lunch just to continue compiling the report. Celestine, our new office cleaner was commissioned to be taking lunch for Sally to her office and she was very cooperative too. 
“I think Sally is losing you to Irene slowly and she does not seem to realize that.” Carol told me once.
“Why?” I wondered.
“She has really softened towards her. You know Irene is a drama queen, she does not want dramas that is obvious but she might end up losing you all together. And you know, if the report she is about to present soon is anything to go by, she will probably lose her job, she will be charged for defamation as she obvious told the directors she also suspected Irene was a swindler, in the company…things are not good. Tony, do something.” Carol told me.
“What am I supposed to do? It reaches a time when I have to leave her to fight her own battles. I have fought enough for her. It is her time to stand up for herself.” I told Carol. 
“TONY! Listen to yourself? Have you also given up?” Carol exclaimed. 
“No, but on this case, I have given up. The turn of events is not good at all. I will just retain Sally as my wife. The rest is not important.” I told Carol but she surprised me with her next statement.
“Tony! That will prove to Derrick that Sally faked her academic credentials. Remember Derrick still has a report to compile about Sally on her performance? And do not underestimate what he is capable of doing. Derrick is not a good man. Also remember the directors has high hopes on her and should their hopes get crushed just like that, that will be a big blunder.” Carol told me.
I remained silent for a while.

“So, what do you suggest I do?” I asked Carol.
“I advise you to tell Sally to run away, quit the same way Zuhura did. She can just disappear. She is being set up. Zuhura knew she was being set up too and opted out without notice or much dramas. You may also have to quit too. I mean, how could the boss disable CCTV system without you detecting it? You were so engrossed and obsessed to redeem Sally until you neglected your job here.” Carol told me. It was true. I was so obsessed with Sally’s case, I realized the CCTV system was down, but I managed to restore it immediately. It was also obvious the business training trip to Mombasa might have been a distraction so that I would not be there to assist Sally with anything. It was also apparent that my boss was keeping me so occupied with a lot of work so that I would leave Sally to work alone. Since Sally’s department was close to Irene’s chores and duties, she was left with no option than to work with Irene. 
Irene was winning this, and Sally was delivering her the victory as she worked so hard with the documents given to her by Irene.
“I will think about it.” I told Carol and went to Sally’s office.
I found Irene there but Irene excused herself when she saw me and left me and Sally in the office.
“Sweet Sally, you are being set up by Irene.” I told Sally.
“I know.” Sally told me calmly and casually.
“What do you mean I know?” I asked her almost raising my voice.
“Shhh, calm down. OK??! I can handle myself. You did your part, let me continue with the rest. Besides, what is wrong in proving Irene was innocent all through? I don’t mind leaving my position. Yes, I know it is lucrative, has a nice Salary, has a lot of allowances and privileges but life is not all about money my dear. Life is not all about power, life is not all about influence, but the little things we ignore, compassion, passion, love, peace and harmony. I am at peace with Irene and myself and I believe I am at peace with you too. As you can see, she is really cooperating. I know the documents are fake but do I have a choice? If the boss is with her, nothing much we can do. So, for the sake of peace and harmonious existence, I decided to work with her documents.” Sally told me calmly.
“Sally, you are crazy, so damn crazy! You know how much I fought for you to get this position, you cannot let it go like that.” I told Sally.
“And what if I do?” Sally asked me looking at me with a stern face. I was shocked by her question. I even wondered, : What has Irene been planting in her mind to make her suddenly like Irene, to suddenly begin working with Irene, to suddenly begin associating with Irene? To suddenly begin trusting Irene? Things were not looking good at all.
“Sally, I will not tell you what to do anymore. I did my best, I trust you know what you are doing.” I told Sally in a reserved tone.
“Sweet heart, I know what I am doing, meanwhile, let me do it my own way. Yes, I have Irene’s documents and everything, she burnt the rest before I even got to see them and worse, the boss does not seem bothered with the fact that the documents were burnt, the book you thought Zuhura left in the cafeteria was not there anymore, what more? I will do her report, and life will go on.” At that point, she stood up, came to where I was and stood arms akimbo. Some music was playing in her laptop softly. The fruit juice she was sipping on her table was half way the glass and the straw was hanging as if it was about to fall down from the glass.
“Stand up!” She commanded me. I was surprised. Her tone sounded bossy. Was she chasing me from her office. I wondered, what had become of Sally since she began getting close to Irene?
“Tony, Stand up!” I stood up.
“Do exactly as I tell you and do not argue.” She told me, I expected her to tell me to get the hell out of her office.
“Ok, Sally.” I told her.
“Give me a strong passionate kiss right now.” She told me softening her tone. The request caught me by surprise. I looked into her face and she smiled a seductive smile. Before I even talked, she pushed herself onto me, pulled my head towards her head gently and planted a long passionate French kiss in my lips that sent fireworks coursing through out my body. She then began caressing me and suddenly touched my dick and I got an instant erection. It is then I suddenly remembered we had not had sex in a while as we were so engrossed with the audits. 
Sally began caressing my balls inside my trousers and it made me feel so much aroused. I tried to make her stop but she kept arousing me, she undid my trousers and whipped out my erect dick. She began caressing it with her soft hands. Sally completely dominated me such that I felt totally powerless driven by fiery desire in a forbidden ground that office was.
“Sally, what are you doing?” I asked her.
“Shhh, I told you to do as I tell you. I am your boss now, remember...” She told me. The idea of me being so dominated by Sally aroused me to a crazy level. I wanted to hold her and make love to her that instant.
Sally suddenly reached for a remote in her desk and pointed at the door. The door closed and locked itself.
“Sally, you never told me your door can be shut using a remote control…” I told her genuinely surprised. 
“Yes, the boss never reveals everything to her subjects. Now remain silent.” Sally commanded me as she pushed me to sit on a chair in her office. She took off her under pants fast and got on top of me.
=======
Suddenly, she directed my erect johnnie to her wet honey pot and before I even protested, she was riding me like crazy. She was really struggling so as she would not make erotic groans and moans while riding me. She continued kissing me hungry while riding me so fast until I began losing control of myself as I grabbed her waist and kept pulling and pushing her on top of me fast. 
Suddenly, her honey pot began sucking my dick rhythmically and I knew she was having an orgasm. Suddenly she let out a gush of stream from deep within her and simultaneously tears erupted from her eyes. She had taken my trouser off but my shirt which I had not removed was completely spoiled and made wet. I exploded into her with so much force I nearly screamed too; I trembled for an entire full minute.
We held each other for some time.
“Honey, my shirt.” I told her. She smiled, pulled herself off me, wiped herself with some tissue papers and reached for her handbag.
She surprised me by pulling a clean nicely ironed shirt for me from her handbag. I just smiled and told her, “Sally, you are full of sweet surprises!”
“Wear that, your boss would not want to see you in a dirty shirt. Give me the other one.” She said. I gave her my other soiled shirt and she put it inside a paper bag before stashing it inside her handbag. She quickly adjusted herself fast, cleaned herself a little bit in the office sink and sprayed herself with some perfume as I also did the same. I suddenly felt so peaceful.
As she settled in her chair, she picked her remote and opened the office door. We had used exactly 7 minutes in all that. I did not know whether to call that a quickie since we were used to sex marathons but the thought of doing it in her office drove both of our passions crazy. 
I felt like she had planned for the whole of it. If not, then why did she carry a shirt for me? I even found she had carried even a trouser for me in her handbag! Sally was full of surprises.
“Honey, did you plan all this?” I asked her.
She smiled and told me, “Yes. I wanted to do things my own way, just like I keep telling you to let me do this my own way.”
But the idea that she was headed towards proving Irene and boss were innocent was revolting enough. 
“Sally, I don’t believe in miracles, but this time round, you will need a miracle to come out victorious.” I told her. She smiled and motioned me to leave her office. I knew she had a lot to do so I just left.
“What has your lady given you? You don’t even realize you have been smiling since you came out of her office” Carol noted.
“Oh! Nothing. She just told me she is going to present Irene’s report since it was Irene who has been assisting her with the audit. Whatever that means.” I told Carol.
“Tony, you will not like what I about to tell you, but if Sally proves Irene innocent, she will lose her job, and probably you too will lose your job. And by the look of things, she has resolved to fate. I wish her luck.” Carol said.
“I don’t care anymore. I love Sally and that is all that matters for now. The rest is irrelevant.” I told Carol.
“That statement is priceless! I just love how you put it. I wish to get a man to love me like that.” Carol said.
“You shall, trust me.” I told Carol. I knew despite her being HIV positive, somehow, she shall get love.
=============
In the evening, we left our work place together. To my surprise, Sally went to Irene’s office and told her, “Madam, time to go home. Do not over work. We have done a lot already.” 
“Ok, let me join you.” Irene said and we all closed our offices and left.
That particular day, Irene had not come with her car and we walked to the bus stage together. We were me, Collins, Carol, and Irene. Delilah was far too reserved and she did not accompany us.
Irene was the first to leave as we headed in the opposite direction. Collins chose to go to a club that evening. 
So, we walked with Carol, Sally and me.
I could tell Carol had a lot of questions and looked completely puzzled. She arrived at her place and we continued walking towards home with Sally.
I was also puzzled, why was Sally so friendly to Irene so suddenly? 
Carol texted me and the text read, “Tony, I now believe Irene is a witch!”
Since I was not superstitious, I did not want to believe that. But I toyed with the thoughts, could Irene have bewitched Sally to an extent that Sally became confused as to move headlong towards destroying her own career and digging her own grave?
That, remained to be known later as events continued to unfold. There was a lot of mystery in the entire saga and it made me feel so powerless, hopeless and confused. I struggled to handle myself as a man as I did not want Sally to even sense my weaknesses in it, but deep down, I was crumbling in pieces.
====
“Honey, I want to ask you a question.” I told Sally as we settled for supper.
“Ask.” She told me, not concentrating much with her food.
“Do you believe in witchcraft?” I asked Sally, not believing I was being real to myself as I had grown as a completely non- spiritual person.
>>>To be continued>>>
As narrated by Dr. Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop