THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 10

THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 10
I picked a cookie and placed it inside my mouth taking time to feel how sweet it was and as I was about to take a sip of the chocolate drink, my office extension rang. On looking at it, the number in the extension was 001; my boss’ office extension number. Sally saw the number and quickly left the office without saying a word.
I picked the phone….
“Please come to my office”, boss said and hang on. 
I found my boss seated looking a bit relaxed with a bottle of mineral water. I pretended not to get surprised by the fact that she was wearing a red mini-skirt and a tight-fitting pink blouse that revealed a lot of cleavage. 
“What am about to tell you or rather to ask you should not leave this office, treat it with the confidentiality that it deserves.” She said. “You can count on me madam”, I replied as a matter of fact.
“I want you to tell me anything that you know about Sam, your neighbor”. Actually, I knew so little about Sam. Who cares anyway, the houses are so self-contained each with its own separate inner gate we only shared the outer gate. So, I simply had no idea where to begin. But seeing boss was so serious I just said, “Sam is a silent man, he mostly keeps to himself and all I know is he is a good man”.
“Do you ever see him with any other woman, or is there any other women who come to his place?” She asked. “No, I am yet to see another woman there”. I lied, despite knowing that Sam was married and his wife occasionally came but never used to stay there. 
“Now Tony, I want you to investigate for me Sam, tell me anything possible that you know about him and if you happen to see him with another lady around his house, alert me with this number.” Madam said giving me her private number which was not known to any of my colleagues. She added, “That is my private number, make sure not to give anyone else…”
-------------------
“Tony, can you hack anyone’s emails or communications?” Madam asked adding, “I know you IT gurus can do anything.” I said, “Yes, I can. But hacking is not ethical so we simply do not.”
“I am giving you further details of my assignment for you, it is inside this flash disk”, she told me handing me a flash disk of 8 GB. “Inside that flash disk is a word document, you will go and open it, read those instructions carefully and give me feedback later, within the next 3 days. Is that ok?” she asked, “Yes”, I answered not knowing what I was getting myself into.
----------------
I returned to my office and continued drinking the chocolate that Sally had brought me. It was so sweet and refreshing considering that I was so thirsty and was already feeling hungry. I kept pondering on what is it that boss really want me to do for her.
Come lunch time, as Sally was taking boss’ lunch to her office, she managed to sneak by my office and drop me some lunch, a thing she has never done before. Sally knew we were not allowed to eat in the office but she just did not seem to care. So, I just ate as fast as possible so she can come for the containers before anyone gets to know am eating in the office. After finishing my lunch, I texted Sally to come for the containers.
When she came for the containers, she seemed more jovial than usual. She was not even in a hurry to leave office. I could not just tell her to leave but I sure wished she would leave.
“What are you doing?” Sally asked, inching closer to my computer. “I am just updating our computer’s anti viruses for the company servers”. Despite Sally not being proficient in IT she somehow knew some terms associated with the field, a thing which puzzled me since most tea girl I know are just too dumb to care, but Sally was a tea girl in her own league. I pretended to be busy with whatever I was doing but I could not ignore the fact that Sally kept looking at my eyes, and whenever I looked at her she would look down and smile softly. This was making my heart begin to race and my mind to start imagining things. 
Since there was no one else in the office with me, I held Sally by her waist and pulled her to come closer to where I was seated. She inched closer and just stared at my lap top. Then she lifted one of her legs stepped on my shoes before saying, “Sorry, let me wipe the shoe for you”. “No, no, it is just ok, am ok”, I said. It was not ok. I loved being extra smart but I did not want to offend Sally. Somehow, she took out her handkerchief and wiped my shoes with it.
“Have you now become a Ugandan woman?” I asked her. “Why?” Sally asked. “They are the ones who are known to even wipe their husband’s shoes out of love.” At that instant, Sally stood straight, supported herself with my table and said, “I can do anything for the one I love.” She said and as soon as that sentence ended, she bent forward and planted a quick kiss on my lips before reaching for the food containers and thermos flask. She hurriedly placed them in her serving basket and walked out of my office, saying on her way out, “See you in the evening, let me go to the kitchen and finish what I was doing”. 
--------------
I felt something strange; whereas I was used to working alone in the IT office, I missed Sally as if she was part of that office. There was something in Sally that was irresistible if not alluring. Was it her cool nature, was it her charming behaviors towards me, what was it? How will people think of me when they realize I am in some relationship with a mere tea girl being the System’s admin, among the highest-ranking posts in this company? I was confused. I was so lost in my train of thoughts I did not realize our secretary was standing at the door.
“Tony, you seem like your mind is so far away, how can I stand here for close to 5 minutes and you haven’t realized?” Irene asked. “May I come in”.
>>To be continued>>
As narrated by Dr. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop