THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 48


THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 48

More shootings continued and it felt like the whole estate was under attack.
I turned to look at Carol and she was lying flat on her coach facing downwards and I could tell she was very scared. After sometime but it sounded like forever, all was silent. I moved through the dark and to where Carol was lying.
“Carol, Carol. I think they are gone.” I told her as silently as possible. 
Carol gently turned and looked at me, not talking. I could tell she was really afraid. She sat upright and lay still leaning forward.
I stood up and went to the window. As I stood there, Carol whispered to me, “Tony, get out of the window. What if a bullet flies to the window?”
I moved and sat on a chair opposite her. 
After around half an hour, I stood up.
“Carol, I think I should go. I think all is well now.” I said.
“No, Tony, no. I won’t allow you to go. It is dangerous out there.” Carol told me. I made as if to go the door but Carol came and stood in front of me and said softly but firmly, “You are not going anywhere.” She was very serious.
I studied her face for a while and finally told her, “Ok, am not going anywhere. But I feel sleepy and tired. Let me have a shower.”
She walked to her bedroom, emerged with a towel and gave it to me.
“Here, you can shower.” Carol told me and I got into her bathroom and showered with cold water.
Immediately I came out of the shower, Carol was wrapping herself with a large white towel waiting for me to come out of the bathroom and immediately I came out, she got in without saying a word and showered too. I wore my clothes back and lay on her coach. She finished showering and came to join me in her table room, still wrapped with her towel but with a kitenge covering her upper body. She sat silently for some time as if thinking.
“Carol, you can go to sleep, I will sleep right here on the coach.” I told her. She remained silent for a while.
“I am afraid, I don’t feel like sleeping alone.” Carol said shivering.
“Carol, nothing will happen. Go to sleep. Give me something to cover myself on the coach.” I said moving to lie flat on her biggest 3-seater coach.
“You will get cold here.” She told me suggestively but I was feeling too sleepy to care. 
Carol went to her bedroom and came with a thick blanket which she handed over to me.
“I hope you have another, otherwise, just give me a leso or something else, I will be all right.” I told Carol lying still. For some reason, my heart was beating faster than normal and I thought perhaps it is due to being with Carol on the same house, in the dark, all alone. I began imagining a lot but I just wanted to sleep.
Carol spread the blanket on top of me covering me and then sat beside me, silently. She was shivering and I could tell she was feeling cold. I moved to cover her with one side of the blanket and she leaned to get covered but as she did that, part of her breast touched my right hand, it was so soft. She did not bother moving. She tried to balance herself to lie with me on the coach but it was apparent that the coach would not be enough for both of us, owing to her large buttocks. 
“Ok, Carol, if you are afraid, we can go to your bed and sleep there.” I told her and sat up. She looked at me without talking. She then stood up, held the blanket and told me, “Ok, let us go.”
I followed behind her and got into her bedroom. She had a large bed of 5 by 6 with a very thick mattress. I got on top of the blanket and surprisingly, it felt warm despite the cold night. She also got on the bed from the opposite side and we both buried ourselves under her blanket.
I must have slept almost immediately since by the time I became conscious, Carol was lying silently besides me, still covered as she was in the evening. I looked at my phone’s watch and it was a little past 3 am. The night was very silent except a few shrills of crickets outside and a dog was barking intermittently from a distance. I opened my messages and saw that Sally sent a message to me at 11 pm. It was a nice long love message. I replied and put my phone besides the bed and returned to sleep.
When I woke up, I had the usual nagging morning erection that afflicts almost every man and hesitated coming out of bed until it cooled down. Carol turned and looked at me and said, “Good morning.”
I replied, “Good morning.”
“You really slept heavily, you must have been very tired and sleepy. Remember your off days ends today and today you are expected at work.” Carol told me. 
“True, I will just bath here, then when I get to my place I will just change into clean clothes and go to work.” I told Carol who woke up to go and prepare some breakfast as I went to bathroom to have a shower.
=======
“Wait for me as I prepare.” Carol told me and went to get ready for work.
She did not take long and she emerged wearing a long blue dress which had white stripes at the neck and some pleats near the waist. She looked stunning.
“Wow! You look wonderful.” I told her. She thanked me and told us to leave.
We passed by where the motor bike man was killed the previous night. Only some blood remained. As we passed Carol said, “Tony, that bullet would have hit you were it not for me telling you to hug me.” As she said that, I shuddered with that realization.
It made me feel sad that a life of a young man had just been cut off by a gun man as simple as that.
As I got to my place, Carol suggested she wait for me outside the gate as I got inside the house, changed into official clothes very fast, took my laptop and we headed for work and within no time we arrived since we walked very first. Irene had already arrived.
“Oh! Thank goodness. I am happy both of you are safe. I tried calling you yesterday evening to know how you are but my phone did not have airtime. I heard that two gangster rival groups got into a fight and it got so bad they began shooting each other. One thug riding a motor bike was shot around your estate and 2 more others died in the neighboring estate during the shoot out before police arrived to disperse them.” Irene said upon seeing us while giving each of us a light hug.
“Jesus Christ! Tony, so the guy who died yesterday was a thug?” Carol exclaimed. 
“Probably he was, no way of knowing if he was or he died of a stray bullet.” I said turning to look at Irene who seemed confused.
“Hey, what are you talking about? Did you witness anything?” Irene asked looking at me.
“In fact, the bullet that fell him missed me. I would be dead.” I told Irene and she held her mouth.
“Tony is very lucky, you will have a long life to live.” Carol said.
As we were talking, we saw Boss’ car coming towards the gate and we quickly got into our offices as we did not want the boss to find us standing there.
As we settled to begin the day, Carol looked at me and said, “Tony, you are a man and a half. I thought yesterday you will attempt to….to….to…..” Carol was trying to say something and I immediately told her, “Oh! I was feeling so much sleepy even my penis was already sound asleep.”
She stared at me and burst out laughing so hard she was literally shaking. She laughed for some time until boss came to our office and found her still laughing. 
“You must be so happy today. What is Tony giving you?” Boss asked jokingly. We did not respond.
“Tony, I need to send you some items in the afternoon. So, after lunch come to my office and I will send you on the way. You will however be accompanied by Irene as she goes to deposit some cash to our account.” Boss said.

“Ok, madam. I will come immediately.” As I said, I thought that should be a great opportunity to pass by town and do some personal errands.
“And today you look so smart.” My boss told me and asked, “Haven’t anyone told you that you look smart?”
“No, even Carol here have not.” I said and turned to face Carol. She smiled. My boss left.
“Oh! Am sorry I did not tell you that. I guess my senses are still numb from what happened yesterday.” Carol said before adding, “By the way today you look like a business executive.” 
I was wearing a navy-blue suit, white long-sleeved shirt and black sharp shooter type of shoes. 
“This is why old women keep snatching young men from you ladies, they see what you do not see.” I told Carol jokingly. She looked at me as if studying me.
“Tony, can you fuck an old woman?” Carol’s question caught me by surprise and I did not know what to answer. She sounded serious. I decided to joke along.
“Yes, why not? They are women too with feelings and besides they experienced in matters of love and sex.” As I said that, I was looking at Carol.
She laughed a bit and told me, “Old women’s honey pot is already tired, you would better get a young one.”
“Young ones like who?” I asked Carol.
“Like me here.” She said and laughed. I did not laugh but as she said so, for some reason I remembered the previous night at her place. Could it be perhaps she expected me to make a move? Did I miss an opportunity? I even wondered, which man would not want to have a voluptuous lady like Carol? I knew most men would risk anything to get a lady like Carol, yet here I was and could not do anything to her despite spending an entire night in her bed, sometimes feeling the warmth of her body as she lay so close to me, beholding her beautiful body through the security lights that were illuminating through her window. In my stream of thoughts, I so wished such an opportunity would present itself again and I would not hesitate to utilize it. Carol looked like the type of a lady who could drive a man crazy with love and give a man fantastic sex until he screams. As I was day dreaming, I could feel my dick getting hard as if imagining having sex with Carol was arousing me. 
I looked at her eyes, sighed and told her, “Ok, Carol. On a serious note, I would not even dare go for a lady as old as my boss. I even doubt I would get an erection beholding a wrinkled naked woman. I would rather have a nice fresh lady.”
“Haha, what do you mean by fresh? Virgin?” Carol asked.
“No, not necessary. Besides, we no longer have virgins, ladies lose virginity nowadays so young. Like you here, you lost your virginity while so young.” Immediately I told Carol that, I realized how stupid that statement was since she was raped. She lost her virginity unwillingly to someone she did not love. I immediately apologized.
“Sorry Carol, I should not have said that.”
“Oh! No problem. I got past that. You have been a good friend to me you made me get comfortable with so many things that happened to me in the past. But am ok. I moved on.” She said smiling at me with a wide smile.
Irene came into our office suddenly.
“Guys, join me for tea break.” Irene said and made to take Carol by her hand. Carol stood up and told Irene Jokingly, “Yes, mum. Take my hand.”
As we settled to take tea, we took that time to remind Irene of the police case in front of us.
“Tony, Carol. I feel personally responsible for this mess since I am the one who introduced you to Kurd. I also feel pained since I lost the largest amount of money.” Irene said.
“Irene, I wish you knew why I need the money so urgently, to me it is a matter of life and death.” I told Irene.
She looked at me and asked, “Tony, who is dying? I trust all shall be well.” Irene said.
A kaleidoscope of event in the recent past played in my mind and I felt like I would strangle Irene as I felt she was to be held responsible for our losses.
As I was taking my tea, my phone rang. It was Regina and she wanted to meet me in the evening. I told Carol and Irene and we all decided we shall go to meet her together.
===========
After lunch, Irene and I went to town where we were sent by our boss and purchased some office ICT items. Irene was driving fast as we negotiated through the traffic to beat time so that we could meet Regina and have more time with her. As soon as we finished, we joined Regina to where she had directed we should meet her. She was on civilian clothes. She wore a white trouser and grey T shirt. We talked briefly until Carol came to join us.
“First, I want to go straight to the point about your case. I did not want to call you to the station but that should not worry you. We did follow up your case and these are our findings. Kurd’s company does not exist in Kenya and the name of the company he gave you closely resembles a Pakistan company which too after we followed up we discovered it was deregistered 2 years ago. Kurd as a person the National ID he gave to you, such a name does not exist in the registrar of persons and that implies that he gave you a wrong ID. He is not in any imports and exports records as a business man either. So am afraid, this case has been put on hold indefinitely unless some helpful information comes up either from you people or from one of our sources.
Sorry guys, it seems like you were conned. But at least you are alive you can still get more but next time I would advise you to be very careful with who you are dealing with. Do not trust anyone from face value.”
Silence followed as we all sank into despair realizing that all our money was gone. Carol was nearly crying and Irene was shocked. I pitied them despite knowing I would be in serious trouble with Derrick worse if he got to know am free. But Regina continued, “Anthony, for your case, I want to speak with you in private.”
Carol and Irene excused themselves and went to another table where they ordered some drinks.
Regina continued, “I spoke with Derrick and convinced him to add you one more month to get those certificates. That should be good news. The bad news is, if you will not have gotten them after one month, I would advise you to run away since if you get caught again, am afraid, I will not be able to help you. Remember, you had better get that certificate too to convince me I did not do the wrong thing by helping you get out.”
“I understand you.” I told Regina feeling broken.
I remained silent for a while. Regina looked at me and suddenly told me, “There is something you are not telling me.” I got startled. Was Regina reading my mind?
“No, no problem am ok.” I tried to remain calm.
“Tony, am a police officer and a CID. I know what am talking about. You better tell me and I might help you.” Regina insisted.
I looked towards where Irene and Carol were and they were talking as if not noticing the unease between me and Regina.
“Regina, I don’t trust Irene. I wish you would investigate her. I really feel like she has something to do with all this, however much I do not have evidence.” Immediately I told Regina that she told me, “No, I will not do any private investigations. That is between the two of you. I will however give you some ideas so that you will do that on your own. I am done with your case and undertaking any private case you would have to pay me Kshs 3 million. Come to my place on Saturday and I shall offer you some ideas. Exactly 3 pm. Keep time. I have to go.” Regina said and immediately stood up to leave. We walked to where Irene and Carol were seated.
“Hello girls, I have to leave.” Regina said and gave them a smile which made them at ease.
“We really appreciate you, Madam. Regina.” Irene said smiling.
“All shall be well, in this world. You meet a lot of challenges but you shall eventually overcome. Be courageous and work hard, nothing comes for free. And please watch out the people you interreact with.” Regina said and left.
============
Irene gave us a lift and dropped us at our estate before driving to her place. I did not tell Carol the details of our conversation with Regina and she seemed not interested to know.
>>To be continued>>
As narrated by Dr. Love. Kerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop