THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 17


THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 17
“Boss want to see you, I am from her office and she has told me to tell you to go to her office immediately”. Irene said before adding, “You just called me Sally…were you dreaming with Sally?”
I felt a bit embarrassed, but did not show it. I stood up slowly and luckily for me the hard on had started cooling down on its own. I knew my boss wanted to ask me about the assignment she gave me about Sam. I had literally done nothing about it, how do I go trying to hack into my neighbor’s emails and communications all to try to prove to my boss whether he was married or single? That I considered to be none of my business, but I had a sweet convincing lie for my boss.
I got to her office and sat facing her.
“We are going to install CCTV system in all offices, car park and all important premises in our company. You being the head of ICT department I want you to take over that project and work with the engineers to ensure that it succeeds. The control console and main screen is to be in my office. This is a requirement by the safety standards that were recommended when we were in the seminar that I attended in South Africa last week due to the rising cases of terrorism. I trust you are going to handle the project properly and ensure its success. You will do it in three phases, first begin with the main block, then car park and around the premises and finally in all other buildings. Do the costing and let me know how much we need. Investigate from the suppliers too. I will be sending over a security engineer once he comes so that you can brief him about our ICT infrastructure and how it operates.” My boss said with a finality of a preacher.
As I remained a bit silent to ponder on that she added on, “this will ensure I will also be able to watch over who does some mischief like you were trying to do with Sally the other day”. Damn! That statement made me very uncomfortable I felt a sudden rush of heat all over my body, I could hear my pulse rate rising and my lips began trembling a bit. I turned to look at my boss and gauge how serious was she with that piercing statement, to my surprise, she was looking at me smiling the she added, “Any questions before you go?”, I told her I had none to which she told me to go back to my work and have a good day.
----------------
Upon returning to my desk, I found it well arranged and everything kept in perfect order. There was no one in the office and I wondered who could have done this. I sat there silently thinking about the oncoming project and my boss seemed so serious about it. I had lots of questions but either way, it is not strange for work places to have a complete Closed Circuit Television Network. After some few minutes Irene returned to my office carrying some documents with her. She handed over one which looked like a magazine and proceeded to say, “I have been told to work with you on this one, I have no idea how it goes but since most of the times am the one who does the procurement, Madam thought am the best person to work with you on this project, I just wish you first brief me on what are these things called CCTV and what are the best items to be bought. I can get the best retailers for them.” That is when it dawned on me that I will be working with Irene for quiet sometime in my office, more than I had really wanted. “And oh! I just thought your desk look a bit disorganized so I just arranged some stuffs for you, in case you find something missing, please ask me where I might have placed it. I love working in a neat office.” Irene added smiling with some satisfaction.
“Thank you for that. I rarely bother what item is where as long as my work gets done, but I appreciate”, I replied to her. 
It was already mid-morning and I was feeling a bit hungry, Sally as usual brought me some drinking chocolate which was my favorite. She exchanged some morning greetings with Irene in my office. I tried to chat her up to make her stay a little bit but she seemed unwilling to stay for some more time. She looked at me and made words from her mouth without producing a sound to the effect, “Boss is around”, she smiled and left. 
I could clearly tell Irene was very excited to be working more with me. She was asking me lots of questions regarding the project and I had to dutifully answer all of them. After sometime I told her, “You are now my partner”, to which she laughed and asked, “Do you mean it?”
The good thing about her is she was a fast learner and that is why my boss loved her too, so I knew for sure I would not have a hard time working with her. As my laptop was playing some blues songs, she silently sang along to every single song from the album and I was surprised she seemed to know each song.
“How comes you know all the songs that are being played in that album?” I asked her. She smiled and said, “I just love romantic songs very much, they make me imagine a lot of things. I day dream a lot when listening to them and somehow the songs soothes me when am not in good mood. But I can tell you also love them, don’t you?”
She continued, “All guys who love these songs I know are very romantic and passionate, and I guess you must be…” She stopped talking mid-sentence when she noticed that I was looking at her eyes as if trying to read her thoughts. She fidgeted her fingers and adjusted herself in her seat. I could tell she was feeling a little uncomfortable at my stare and to make her feel at ease, I smiled. She smiled too.
“Yes, I also love the songs, but just for entertainment, sort of, my favorite genre of music. I love the poetry in the songs since I used to write poems back in high school.” I told her. It was true.
“Wow! So, you are a poet?” She wondered loudly. “Can you write for me a poem, or recite for me a little poem, I love the flow of words in poetry”. At this point, I was wondering, is this some coincidence that Irene seemed to be into everything that I like or she is just acting along?
“Don’t worry, one of these days I will write for you a poem.” I told her not sure if I ever would. But that excited her even more.
“What type of poem will you write for me? I want a love poem.” Irene said. I did not reply so she pressed on, “Pleeeeease”, she insisted looking at me at an angle with some of her hair hiding her right eye. “Ok, be patient, I will”, I knew she wanted such an answer whether it was a lie.
“Wow! Thank you, am eager to read your poem soon.” She said and shook her head side ways to reveal her hidden eye, that instant, she winked, sort if as if it was some hair that had brushed her eye that made her wink. My heart skipped a beat to that but I pretended not to notice.
“When you write for me a poem, I will also write for you a poem”, Irene continued talking about how much she reads poems and love creating some few of her own, to which she has some collection of short poems which she write whenever she feels bored or inspired. Her favorite was romantic poems.
My phone buzzed with a message. I opened to read the message. It was from Sally and it read, “Honey, am thinking about you, wish I was with you just holding you feeling your heart beats in my boobs pulsating on our naked bodies”. That message made me feel weakened and adored. To be honest, it was as sweet as it was provocative I just had to smile after reading it. For some reason, I also really missed Sally and I wished there was a way I could be with her the whole day. I knew I had to reply this one.
>>To be continued>>
As Narrated by Dr. Love, Kerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop