THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 128

THE ROMANTIC OFFICE SAGA: PART 128

The following week began with a high note as we had to do some internal changes in preparation for the opening of a new branch in Mombasa and so we decided to have a meeting with all staff so as to share our views in an open forum.
Zuhura as usual prepared the dishes and drinks for us, with the help of Cynthia and all was set by 10 am to host a nice meeting.
=====
“Good morning everyone, as we all know that we are opening a branch in Mombasa, we are here to deliberate on how to go about it and your views are so welcome, feel free to tell us anything.” Sally opened the meeting.
So, all the people were sharing their ideas.
“First, I would wish to thank you all for giving me another opportunity to work with you guys, special thanks to Sally who I thought would never wish to have me back here but here I am.” Irene opened with her speech.
“As I have been committed with the task of hiring, I will make sure that we get the best of them all to have the best team. As a commitment to that, I am choosing to pursue part-time degree in Human resource and institutional management.” Irene continued.
All along, I was watching her body language and did not see anything unusual in it.
We had a meeting session all morning and Carol was taking notes and minutes.
Carol’s session came.
“Since I am short, I beg to stand up in front of you.” Carol said and woke up from her chair to come to the front. What caught our attention was her dressing style, she was wearing a long Traditional Luganda attire with a peace at the back that literally touched the ground she was walking on, the dress was pink and it hugged her figure so perfectly you would think she was going to perform at a jazz concert as the guest singer.
She made me take some interest with how people were dressing and I realized people were so decently dressed, smart and very stylish. It seemed like the whole company had transformed into some great corporate identity.
=====
Finally, it was Sally to talk and close the meeting.
“So, after some consultations, we decided that the Mombasa Branch shall be established by the following people
1. Tony
2. Loveynna
3. Collins
4. Maureen
5. And some others who we shall hire in due course. We also shall hire some to fill up the positions here.
Any suggestions are welcome.”
After Sally talked, we remained silent for a while before Zuhura raised her hand.
“I would wish to work in Mombasa, it is close to home for me, I will enjoy more.” Zuhura said.
Sally told her, “I prefer you being here, we shall consider that if the company grows more but for now, you remain in Nairobi.” Her tone was more authoritative.
Zuhura did not plead further.
======




“Bro, am happy we shall go to Mombasa with you, I really could feel so lonely here without you.” Collins told me during lunch hours.
“Really? I did not know I was that important to you.” I told Collins.
“Tony, you are a great friend of mine, I do like your company a lot.” Collins told me. Before I talked he added, “Hey, am wishing to fuck some digos I hear they are crazy in bed.”
“Collins, in life we have to think beyond fucking.” I told him. He laughed.
“No! I love it, we cannot do without it why lie. Try surviving without it and you will see what I mean.” Collins said.
As I was about to answer him, Letisha brought for me a cheque to sign. “We need to refill our cash here, we are running out of it.” She told me.
“Oh! You just reminded me, I need to go to town to get some items, can I give you a lift?” I asked her.
“Would not mind, let me pick my handbag.” Letisha told me and she went for her bag as I went to pick my car from the car park.
After parking it outside, I went to see Sally.
“I am off to town, I need to buy some items.” I told her. Just that instant she saw Letisha getting ready to leave.
“Are you going with her?” Sally asked.
“Yes.” I answered casually.
“No.” Sally said firmly. I was surprised.
“I mean it, do not go with her. Her behaviors make me uncomfortable, go and lie to her you have gotten some other urgent work to do but am not letting you go with her.” Sally told me.
“But…” I wanted to talk but Sally cut me short.
“My dear, some women, if must tell you, makes us be protective of our husbands. I am a woman, understand me and if not, just bear with me.” Sally said with a finality of a judge. I was surprised by her boldness. But I had no choice.
“Letisha, am sorry won’t go at this time, I have gotten some urgent work that has to be finished. I will go around 4 pm.” I told her. She looked at me for a while.
“I can wait till then.” She suggested.
“No, don’t wait. Just go since am not even sure I will go.” I told her.
“All right, let me call a cab.” Letisha said picking out her phone. We normally used to provide for cab for our workers.
=======
I remained with Sally at her office for sometime but did not bother asking her about it. After Letisha left, she just looked at me, smiled and told me, “Thank you, I love you.”
“Btw, who would you prefer as an accountant for Coast branch?” I asked Sally.
“Luke is my choice, but for now all accounts will be done from here, later we shall see who is better suited for that place.” Sally told me.
Suddenly, a text came through from Ahmed. He wanted to meet me in the evening.
======
I went in the evening after doing our shopping and buying some office items to meet with Ahmed.
“Hello my brother.” Ahmed greeted me warmly than usual.
“Hello, how have you been?” I answered and wanted to be as warm as possible too, and make it look business like.
“I am fine, I hope you have been doing progress with our assignment.” He told me.
“Oh! Yes, but as you know, you are to do the dirty job not me.” I told him.
“Oh! Once you deliver her to us, your work is done, we pay you, you go away.” Ahmed told me.
“What about Kurd?” I asked him.
“Kurd? We shall know once we get there, all we want is him out of jail.” Ahmed told me smiling.
He was so business like and wore a suit like some executive. We continued talking along for some minutes, as he kept briefing me a lot. I figured out probably he was not as dangerous as he seemed initially but did not want to take chances with him.
As I was about to leave, Ahmed told me, “There is a price for failure to accomplish my assignments, or trying to betray me so make sure you do not attempt to double cross me.” Ahmed told me. That statement did not go well with me.
“Explain further...” I told him finishing my drink.
“Follow me.’ Ahmed told me. I was not comfortable following him but my instincts told me he was not up to harming me.
I followed him to his car and as I got inside his car, Scophine was there seated at the back seat staring in front, there was a glass between the front compartment and the back compartment. I tried greeting her but she just stared straight ahead. I realized the compartment was sound proof inside Ahmed’s state of the art mercedez benz.
“What is the meaning of this? Why did you tell me to come with you?” I asked Ahmed.
“Do you wish to greet her? I will allow you for the last time.” Ahmed told me.
I felt uneasy.
“All right, open for her.” I told Ahmed.
He opened the door behind but Scophine was not moving at all. I reached my hand to touch her but Ahmed told me, “Do not touch her, you might land into unnecessary trouble. We still need you.”
But in my stubbornness, I touched her. She was as cold as a stone, and totally immobile.
“You touched her, you disobeyed me but I will forgive you this time. Now this is what happens to people who try to double-cross me. She tried to sell out our information, she tried to set up a bypass for our communications and she had to be eliminated. She could not be trusted.” Ahmed told me with a calm, clear cold voice.
Scophine was dead.
I froze and felt real fearful.
“Did you have to kill her?” I asked Ahmed.
“No, but it was just necessary.” Ahmed told me motioning me to get out of his car.
I got out, he locked the doors with his remote control and led me back to the restaurant.
“Now, we give you 2 more weeks, failure to, that will happen to you and probably your entire family. Now, you may leave. Try not to do anything stupid.” Ahmed told me.
I left. I drove slowly my way back home thinking what could have made these guys kill Scophine. It was really a crazy thing to do.
=======
That night, I did not sleep, I had nightmares all night until at some point Sally had to wake me up asking me, “Why are you crying?”
I had a terrible dream seeing my entire family gotten killed and I was next. It was a seriously bad dream.
In the morning, I went to work a very troubled person. But the puzzle was getting deeper and deeper.
I called Irene to my office.
“Good morning, Honey.” I greeted her nicely.
“Wow! It’s a long time you called me honey, good morning.” She greeted me back, gave ma a tight hug and a soft kiss on my lips.
“I want to have a word with you before the rest of the people comes, please sit down and we can talk.” I told Irene. She sat down.
“Tell me something, what was your business relationship with Kurd?” I asked. The question startled her, it caught her by surprise.
“Well, just a few businesses that got bankrupt, nothing more. Why?” She asked.
“I want to do international business with you, and I want to have links with someone who knows much more about it. In fact, I wish Kurd was out free so that he can give me some hints. I have been thinking of influencing his release so that we can talk with him.” I told Irene. Irene looked at me.
“How will that happen?” Irene got curious to know.
“I am willing to tell you if only you will agree to keep this between me and you.” I told her. She looked at me for sometime before saying, “All right.”
Time was running out and I knew Ahmed meant business, with Scophine dead, it was apparent Ahmed would do anything to have his way.
“We shall meet at a restaurant in the evening. We shall deliberate on that, please don’t fail.” I told Irene and she left after promising me we shall meet.
============
I however went to Loveynnas office.
“Loveynna, do you know of something I can take to enable me to sleep well? I am having disturbed sleeping patterns of late and I know it is not healthy for someone as busy as me.” I told her. She however looked at me and said, “You can try to sleep early, do not overwork, you need some rest and probably some good massage in the evening.”
Loveynna managed to convince me I needed no drugs whatsoever.
However, the more I stayed, the more we flirted.
“I love your dress, it shows your hips nicely.” I told Loveynna.
“Oh! Thank you! You are also so handsome, I love your small goatee!” Loveynna told me and looked at my face, she made me smile.
“Come and touch it.” I told her.
“It has its owner, I will seek her permission.” Lovynna told me.
“What are you eating of late you are glowing like this?” I asked her.
“Oh! I am just contented with life, happy and feeling loved.” Loveynna told me.
“Have you gotten a man to love you?” I asked her.
She looked at me for some time.
“No, but I know you love me, don’t you?” Loveynna asked me.
“I love you.” I told her. That instant, she breathed in, a long inhalation and while exhaling she looked at me, smiled and moved to sit down since she was still standing.
“Wow! You make me feel proud. That statement has really touched my heart, how I wish you mean it?” Loveynna told me sounding a bit emotional.
“Your own name begins with love, you are lovely why can’t I just love you?” I asked her and moved to caress her hand.
“When are you going to visit me again?” Loveynna asked me.
“I will make it soon. I promise.” I told her. I noticed time was moving fast.
“Hey, my dear, I have to go, thanks for your time.” I told her and stood to leave.
“It is me who should thank you, it was pleasure to talk to you. You have left me feeling nice and happier. To be admired is healing to the heart. If a woman stays without a man to tell her he loves her, or a man to make her feel appreciated, proud or loved, she will feel lonely and miserable.” Loveynna told me.
I stood and looked it her.

“Can I ask you one question.” I told Loveynna.
“Yes, go ahead and ask.” Loveynna told me looking at me smiling.
“Does it really matter to be loved by a married man or the most important thing to you is love?” I asked her.
She looked at me from the corner of her eyes, I stood there anxiously waiting for her answer.
»>To be continued»>
As narrated by Dr. Love, Romantic Story narrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop