The Devil Who Loved Me Part 25


The Devil Who Loved Me Episode 25


I looked around the compound, but it was too dark for me to picture our way out..Toun and i had our phones on us, i wondered if i should call the police…
I decided to talk to him to while away time till Abayomi picks..
Me : What year are you?
Eli : Year 2000…
He started laughing again. Toun, who was beside me didnt share in the humour..
Me : what about your girlfriend?
Eli : Spirit man doesnt need a girlfriend….
So it is to rape girls that you need abi, idiot…
Me : oh,…You never had one?
Eli : E get one girl like that, Favor…chai…that girl worry…Na her toto be the sweetest wey i don ever taste…e be like honey…
The imbercile was smacking his lips…
Me : So where is she now?…
Eli : Ah…she don graduate since ’05…married to a pastor…
Me : im sorry
Eli : hehehe…you dey form caring Tanatolo?..Favor dey always complain say my thing too big…say i no dey do foreplay…tell me…man wey don shayo dey remember foreplay?
Me : i get your point Eli…
Eli : Abi Jafar dey do foreplay before him hammer u?
Me : Jafar is not my boyfriend…
Eli : so u wan tell me say na only your boyfriend you dey straff?…fine girl like you…
I kept quiet..The discussion wasnt going as planned…
Me : whats up with you and Jafar?
Eli : Jafar?…that boy na b-----d!..na me bam the idiot for this school..him come dey carry chest for me now…na the idiot commot my eye….emi!…oju olorun…infact as i dey remember the guy i dey vex…
Me : but you look nice like this o…bad boy nice…
Eli : you dey crase…maybe i go chuck your own commot too…
Me : if u initiated Jafar, why are you people not brothers…?
Eli : Oya shut up…E don do…I no knw why Orisa dey tey like this…
I called Abayomi’s number, it was switched off…
Eli brought out a stick if cigarette and smoked….
Eli : who be your boyfriend for this school..
ofcourse i couldnt tell him i was dating Timi, but i kindha suspected that he knew…
Me : i just broke up with him…
Eli : oh.. mean say ur toto go don dey wither now.? i will bring it to life…
Me : Eli, i am ok…
Eli : Tana friend, i know say na Abayomi be your bobo…i go leave remain for am no worry….
He was getting impatient so he called Orisa again…He didnt pick up…
Eli : Oya make we go inside….
He turned to face Toun and I….we hesitated until he unleashed his pistol again…
Eli : Abi make i call those boys make dem join us?…i must warn you, most of their p---k na shakabula o..
I tried to make eye contact with Toun, but she was looking down dejected…i wanted to make a run for it…i doubted if we would escape but we had to try…
Eli’s phone rang…
Eli : Orisa, u don go drink Shepe forget wetin i send you abi?
i didnt hear what the other person said, but it was clear it wasnt Orisa…
Eli : Wetin u do with my guy?…i swear you get mind o…
……..Ehen…inside Ijebu-Igbo?…ur territory reach here abi…
…….You go kill am if i touch the girls?
.,…….your papa na rapist!…
……….Oya release Orisa…
i dey bring them come now…
I have never seen a guy so angry before…Eli went inside to wear his clothes…already 12 guys were at his side…He told them to go to Oru, and wait for him at Ajebo…
Two guys pushed us into his car…then he drove towards Oru/Ago axis…
On getting to Ajebo, He and his crew met infront of a buckateria.. Some came with cars,others were with bikes…The students and indigenes around the area fled to safety when they noticed the congregation…
Then i saw the Hilux from a distancs, then the volvo, Jafar’s Benz was inbetween, it was like in the movies. Guys started joining from all over…there was a wide divide between the two groups….
Eli led us out…with two guys by our side…Uche brought Orisa out, with his hands tied…Jafar came out of his benz, dressed in a shirt and pant like he was on official duty….
Eli looked at him with venom….Jafar stared back…the other guys looked alert like a single gawking could seperate life from death….
Eli : Jafar, you get mind come Ijebu Igbo, carry my guy?
Jafar : Eli, u took my girls…..
was this the time for impeccable English? eh Jafar?…i said to myself…
Eli : So you for kill am if i touch this things?
He was pointing at us with a gun,choi….
Jafar remained mute….Eli signalled to the guys to step back….He told us to go…
Walking from Eli to where Uche stood was like North Korea to South…Scanty led us into the Benz…Orisa moved the other way, with a Nylon of amala and boxed plate of stew….He looked pathetic…
Eli : Jafar, tell your people….una don price marker o…and una must pay…
Jafar : things don change mehn….this is 2007….We rule this skul now…..
Eli : we go see….U go regret say u enter Ijebu-Igbo….walahi!
Jafar : which eye you go take see?….oh…d right….
Jafar’s guys laughed….the divide became smaller….
Eli signalled for his boys to fall back…Jafar had chosen Oru because he had the advantage…He turned back and enteredhis car….Jafar joined us in the benz…
The two grouos faced each other, even after Eli drove towards Ijebu-igbo and Jafar turned towards Ago-iwoye…
The cold night added to the chills i felt in my body as we approached Ago. I wanted to thank Jafar yet again for the timely rescue but his face didnt look inviting, he had a frown on his face like he was concentrating on an invisible problem…
Jafar : You guys would not be safe in ur house until after the elections…
His left hand was on the steering wheel, his right hand caressed the gear stick.
Me : whats your suggestion?
Jafar : Lime-light hotel…Abayomi, you and Toun would be have to stay there..Sparrow and Aji will have the adjourning room..
Toun : Have you told Abayomi?
Jafar : He is already in the hotel, with your things. Tana, Timi is waiting for you there with your things also.
Me : You had everything planned…
Toun : Jafar, Abayomi and i are no more together…
He turned to look at her for a split second…
Jafar : It doesnt matter, you are still valuable to Eli…
Toun : Thank you for everything Jafar, i dnt knw how i can ever pay you back…
i dont know why but it sounded sexual..
Me : Jafar i am very grateful too…
Jafar : its nothing…
Getting to the secluded hotel, We were led to the rooms. The happiness in Abayomi’s eyes on seeing his ex was beautiful..He approached her to hug her but she gently pushed him back. Timi lifted me off my feet, i was equally glad to see him but i felt Jafar’s eyes on me. I wondered if he felt bad…i wanted him to feel bad..i loved Timi but i wanted Jafar to love me…i admitted that much to myself..
Timi : Jafar, thanks
Jafar : Just take care of her…
Toun was at the corner talking to Naetochukwu, apologising for the rain-check…Abayomi could hear it all…
Jafar : I gotta bounce now, you guys remain on the lowkey…
As he stepped out of the premises to his car, i followed…
Jafar : You should be with your peeps inside
Me : Jafar i am scared…
Jafar : You are protected…dont be scared..
Me : Not for me….for you…
He smiled lazily with that well groomed goatee of his…
Jafar : I am guarded…dont be scared…
Me : Jafar ?
Jafar : Tana….
Me : can i hug you?
I met his outstretched hand and fell into his embrace. It should be brief but i held on a little longer, i felt him…smelled him…my head on his chest…his right arm was around my shoulder…
Me : You are cool…
He laughed gently, freeing me from his arms. i tiptoed and quickly pecked him on the cheek..
Jafar : Goodnight Tana…
Me : Stay safe….for me…
I watched his car drive out, i didnt like the feeling….i was scared…
Getting back to the room, i saw Abayomi, Timi and Toun standing with unease…
Me : whats happening?
Abayomi : I told Toun to come with me to my room,but she refused…
Toun : Tana, i dont want to sleep in the same room with him, Timi can stay with him, either i stay with you or i stay alone!..
Timi : Toun relax na, its just for a little while…
Toun : Na konji dey worry you Timi? i will excuse you guys if u want to straff….
Me : Toun small small…
Timi : ma binu…
Abayomi sat down, looking lost….
Toun : Tana, help me lets pack my things together from this room to your…
We lay in bed silently, or i thought it was silent until i heard Toun mutter Abayomi’s name, amidst being choked with tears..



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop