HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER TWO

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story)


CHAPTER TWO


.
Betty got down to her knees with tears on her cheeks and answered, “I’m sorry dear for what happened yesterday, I love you. Will you find it in your heart to forgive me please?”
I was furious but Betty was my biggest weakness, I couldn’t raise my hand on her. My heart melted as she sincerely apologized with tears in her eyes. Before I could reply back she ran and fell in my arms giving me a long hug. Smelling her perfume and her well taken care of hair made me throw down my arms. She then looked in my eyes with distressed eyes and said, “Have you forgiven me dear? I hope you did because I can’t spend another day with you mad at me.”
I took a deep breathe and answered, “Yes- yes I have forgiven you but what made you do the things you did yesterday, look you got me hurt? Come on Betty, you and Tobi.”
“I’m sorry dear I don’t know what got over me; you know very well I love you alone. Tobi was just a one-time mistake and it’s over now” she said pulling me closer to her.
We hugged, made up in my office and that was the end of that issue and we vowed never to bring the issue up again. I took the rest of the day off and took Betty out for a shopping spree and it ended up being the best day ever.
5 months later
One day my wife came up to me sad and sat me down trying to warn me a thing or two about Betty. “My husband I know you love Betty but I have something to tell you about her. I have seen her lately with different types of guys doing the nastiest of things and I’m worried for you my husband that she will end up giving you STIs or HIV.”
Listening to my wife talk got me furious and couldn’t guess what was motivating her to lie about my mistress. Without further ado I started accusing her of being jealously, “don’t you dare waste my time you weasel. Now I see you are just a delusional lying jealous idiot, I see you are trying every trick in the book to try split us up and win back my heart!”
She replied sincerely, “no-no my husband it’s true, you can ask anyone in the neighbourhood. I would never lie to you no matter how bad you treat; you know I still care for you despite our differences. Please my husband________”
Before she could finish I lashed at her, knocked her to the floor and yelled, “Not another word you bastard and get it into your thick skull that I’m no longer your husband!” I was angry and I just wanted to kill her to get it over with. I thought to myself how dare she accuse my beautiful faithful woman of such sickening acts. Lucky for her the baby started crying and I stormed out of the room with frustration before I gave her a good beating. The next day I went straight to Betty to tell her what had happened, I couldn’t keep secrets from her. “Darling you will never believe what happened yesterday.”
“Don’t tell me it’s that witch you call your wife?” she asked shaking her head with disappointment.
“Yes it’s her and she is giving me a headache at home. Yesterday she said Betty is sleeping around with different men in the neighbourhood” I replied feeling embarrassed.
Betty was furious, “how dare she, tell me you gave her a good beating and chased her out?”
I scratched my head and replied, “Yep I gave her a good beating but I hadn’t yet thought of chasing her out.”
“You are so unbelievable; I don’t know why you are so lax with that witch. Why don’t you chase her out at once or you want me to come over and do it myself. You are so tolerant almost as if you are still in love with her, are still in love with her?” she asked.
I pulled her close and her lips met mine and we kissed. Betty was right; i had tolerated this woman for a long time and it was time to chase her out with her wretched children. I realised lashing and whipping her every time was no good, for it would only land me in jail after I had injured or killed her so Letting her go was the real life hack. After a long kiss I whispered in Betty‘s ear, “I’m not in love with anyone but you dear. I’m going to take care of her once and for all; don’t you worry yourself.”
After some romantic time with Betty I drove to my house determined more than ever to chase my wife out. There was no turning back, it had to be done one way or the other I couldn’t risk losing Betty.
Leave your comments and views more of this short story coming.
I Queen Stories 2018
By Chriswell Nyasha Chindenga

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME(Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE

HEAVENS SMILE ON ME (Sad Short Story) CHAPTER ONE . . When my wife gave birth to our 3rd child all hell broke loose in our ...

Prop